Triton ICP-OES testing will provide you with a detailed analysis for 36 different elements with extreme accuracy.
Why Does BPK Recommend This?
We have been utilizing Triton's ICP-OES testing system for some time with aquariums, additives, and almost any other liquid that we have wanted to know what is in it exactly. Triton now gives you the ability to know what is in your reef tank and even better, how to fix it! Many additive systems just tell you to add a couple capfuls every day, and we all know that isn't the best method of reefing. Triton uses accurate testing to analyze the concentration of elements within your tank, and with their research and additives, they even let you know how to get your reef tank back on track.
Triton ICP-OES Testing is done in Van Nuys, California. A return postage label is included. In most cases, results will be accessible within 24-48 hours after receipt at the Triton Lab.
What Is Triton Testing?
Triton ICP-OES (Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectrometry) testing is done using plasma that is heated to 10,000 degrees Kelvin and will literally rip molecules apart giving the most accurate saltwater aquarium test results available. Traditionally most testing on reef tanks is done with hobby grade, low-cost test kits, that are notorious for being inaccurate and hard to discern. Triton testing gives you precise views into 36 different elements that are very important to overall coral health and vitality.
Why Use Triton Testing?
Knowing the elemental concentration in your reef tank is very important, and traditionally a large water change was done once every 6 months to a year to help alleviate the possibility of molecule and element build up in the water. Using Triton ICP testing lets you know what is right, what is excessive, what is missing, and how to fix it all. After sending in your Triton test you will receive a detailed analysis of what is in your reef, and how you should react.
We highly recommend a minimum of 3 tests for your first time so you can establish a "baseline" reading for your reef with a second test to track any adjustments made after the initial test, and then the third test is used to determine what trace elements are being consumed at a higher rate than others after the initial adjustments.
1. Visit triton-labs website and register an account.
2. Inside of the test kit, there will be a barcode that you will need to connect the test kit to the account you just created.
3. Collect a sample of water from your aquarium both test vials with aquarium water three times, then filling each vial completely.
4. Place the barcodes on each vial and then put them both into the return shipping box.
5. Remove the protective film from the sticky tape and seal the box.
6. Place included return label on the package and place it in your mailbox or bring it to your local Post Office.
7. You will then start to receive email updates when the sample is received, and also when the test is completed.