Red Sea - Live Reef Base Sand
The Red Sea live reef base sand for reef and marine aquariums, premium quality, natural aragonite high in essential elements.
- Premium quality, natural aragonite high in essential elements.
- Promotes stability of pH and alkalinity (KH) levels.
- Easy to use, ideal for all marine fish and corals
As this is a Live Substrate, it speeds up the cycle time and reduces the time from set up to adding livestock into your aquarium. This Live version of Reef Base contains millions of beneficial bacteria , which speeds up the maturation process and allows quicker introduction of corals.
- An oolitic aragonite substrate, formed through natural precipitation and collected from renewable source.
- Will help maintain a stable pH of 8.2-8.3.
- Prepared by being exposed to air & UV light, screened, and mechanically washed. A second washing results in a cleaner substrate.
- Live Reef Base contains millions of beneficial laboratory-engineered bacteria, which will speed up the maturation process and allow quicker introduction of corals. The bacteria is “gelled” onto the grains and packed in sterilized natural seawater.
- Truly renewable pure calcium carbonate oolitic aragonite sand material formed naturally through precipitation and sedimentation in the Bahamas.