Two Little Fishies - PhosBan - Phosphate Adsorption Media (150g)
PhosBan from Two Little Fishies is a favored chemical filter media because it will not leach substances back into your aquarium and the largest adsorption capacity of any phosphate filtering media.
- Use just like activated carbon; filter bag included.
- Phosphate removing filter media permanently removes phosphate
- Non-toxic filter media lasts several months in typical aquariums
- PhosBan can be rinsed briefly before use, but since it is friable, do NOT stir the granules, which would pulverize them.
- Put PhosBan in a tightly-packed media bag or between two layers of fine filter floss in any kind of flow-through filter or filter chamber so that the water is directed through it diffusely.
- PhosBan is best used in an up-flow filter such as the PhosBan Reactor, but the flow must be reduced sufficiently to prevent the granules from tumbling, which would grind them into powder.
- 50 g per 50 gal (200 l) saltwater
- 50 g per 100 gal freshwater
PhosBan is safe and can be used at more than 5 times the recommended usage quantity, but at high dosages, it can cause a drop in alkalinity.
The useful life of PhosBan depends on the phosphate concentration in the aquarium.
PhosBan can be effective for up to several months before it needs to be changed.
Replace PhosBan when phosphate levels begin to rise.
Contents: Synthetic ferrous oxide hydroxide.
Great for saltwater and freshwater aquariums.
For best results, use with a TLF Phosban Reactor 150 or 550.